Interesting facts about magnesium
Magnesium occurs naturally, in sea water for example, or as a mineral: Along with potassium, sodium and calcium, magnesium is one of the most important essential minerals. It is involved in a number of bodily functions and is essential for our wellbeing.
Magnesium: Did you know?
- … is one of the most important cations (positively charged particles) and is a component of all living cells.
- … is a mineral that is essential for life, and needs to be introduced into the body.
- … affects a large number of enzymes involved for example in the production of energy or cell division.
- … is contained in bones (around 60% of the total); 30% is found in other tissues such as the muscles.
- … is present where ever calcium also occurs.